OMG! I’m a SAHM!

Written by kim cotton on . Posted in all, On Attitude & Adventure, On Health & Happiness

spirited mama madame-monet-and-child.jpg!BlogOMG I’m a SAHM.

It’s my fourth Friday off in a row and I’m absolutely loving it. I can awake at 7.55, crawl into my trackies, throw down a coffee, get the poppet some muesli, do school drop off and be back in bed within 15 minutes. Hehe

Hmm what will I do today?

Well I could feel guilty about the growing pile of washing or I could go for a run – no brainer … neither. I’ll amble to a cafe for another coffee, read some blogs, amble home along the waterfront and take a relaxing bath.

At 11.00 I’ll go to the beautician and luxuriate, visit a friend, lunch with another, do some shoe shopping, then … OMG home time already?

Dream on …

In reality i’ll attack the washing, go for a run, definitely read some blogs, tend to my beautiful business Spirited Mama’s Treasure Shop … and OMG it really is home time for poppet – where does the day go?

I can’t avoid the washing and the time just flies but I just love being a SAHM even if it’s only for one day a week. Makes me feel like I’m a mum again.

Would you change your work/life balance (work includes looking after the kids) if you could?

Linking with FYBF

Like me on FB or subscribe to my newsletter to find out the latest specials on my gorgeous treasures from France, exclusive to Spirited Mama.

Photo: Madame Monet and child, Monet. Wikipaintings

Tags: , , , , ,

Trackback from your site.

Comments (36)

• Renee at Mummy, Wife, Me

A day without the kids does sounds lovely even if it is to catch up on chores. I’ve just returned to work three days a week, so I’m yet to find the work/life balance. I know I was tired as all hell yesterday, but mega keen to play with my babes. A few months down the track though, I might be begging for a day off to myself 🙂

• Lydia C. Lee

I need a bit more paid work, but current balance working just fine for me – still time poor but happy~

• stephanie

Recently – I picked up studying full time, so have had my mum come look after my boy – so do miss spending quality time with him.

• Leanne @ Deep Fried Fruit

I am a WAHM. Kids go to school and I run my business from home. Love it! Shits me when Husband decides to work from home too. I mean, it shouldn’t … he deserves the space as much as anyone …. but it still shits me. Love it when the kids walk in the door though. Work stops and the mummying begins.
    Leanne @ Deep Fried Fruit

• Rhianna

No I don’t think I would change things, except for maybe make the school week only go for four days. I love being a SAHM and all that it entails. (Mainly because I can’t fathom the thought of actually working for real!)

Enjoy your day!

Sounds beautiful Rhianna, Kim x

• Mel

It’s great to have a kid-free day even if it is to catch up on jobs around the house. I am a WAHM mum but lately there isn’t much work happening so I suppose I am more of a SAHM. I would like more work but only if I could get a break from the kids. I find it too hard to get anything done when they are demanding my attention. Sounds like you’ve got the best of both worlds. Enjoy!

• Kim

Mmm I still need to pack so much in. I’d love to devote more time to my daughter, she’s growing too fast. Thanks for popping by, Kim

• Neets

Love it. I changed my lifestyle last year to become a SAHM with a part-time job. Does that even make sense? No more corporate for me and I haven’t looked back. Hope you have a great Friday.

• Kim

Mmm that sounds like total work life balance. Well done u. It can be hard to find but when u do, it’s gold x

• Becc

It is funny what you believe might happen if you stay at home and what actually does occur.
    It is generally a hard slog, but your children generally give you much more appreciation than you get at work (although they make you work much harder for it!)

• Kim

Mmm they certainly can be hard work but worth every bit of it xx

• Eva @ The Multitasking Mummy

A couple of months ago I went from running my own business to being a full time SAHM to my 21 month old and it’s the best move I’ve made. I get to put 100% focus on him, I’m less stressed, I’m not working nights and weekends when I shouldn’t be. My own business can wait ’till the right time in my life whereas, being with my son and watching him grow cannot. I never thought I’d be a SAHM, I was adamant I was going to work part-time, but I’m so glad I have the opportunity to be at home. The best job in the world (although it can be frustrating at times.)

Sounds like a great move. Enjoy it Eva , such precious time x

• Pip (Bub Sweat and Tears)

What a beautiful chance you have for some well-deserved me time. It flies but I bet you make every minute count. Enjoy it – I savour those days so so much 🙂

I know way too quick Pip. So nice though, Kim x

• Tara @glutenfreehart

I dream of a ‘me’ day but I have kind of melded with the day to day chaos of being a SAHM. I have about 30 seconds of elation when that laundry basket is empty and then the whole vicious cycle starts again..

• Kim

Totally know what u mean. I did not see the bottom of my laundry basket … Maybe today 🙂

• Aroha @ Colours of Sunset

I have 2 days a week where I’m off work and my son is at school. I love them! I do whatever I want, basically! Enjoy it! -Aroha (visiting from FYBF)

• Kim

That sounds awesome. Sacred mama time , you can’t beat it, kimx

• Nikki @ Wonderfully Women

I work in the morning and most of the days I am home by lunch time, so have a few hours before the girls get home. Do love that! 🙂

What a great set up! x

• Grace

I’m trying to figure out how I’m going to do the whole working mum thing. I’m in no hurry to get back to the workforce as it would be more for my sanity than anything but I know my boys are only going to be this age once. Might as well enjoy it while I can.

• Kim

Too right Grace, and they grow sooo fast, it so important to make the most of the cute years xx

• older mum in a muddle

I just can’t see me being back in an office again (only the one I build in my head). I love being a SAHM, and I am very lucky and fortunate to be able to have this lifestyle! You must be coming into your spring now? X.

• Kim

It must be great in your new house too. Yes spring has definitely sprung! Hope yr break was good older mum xx

• Emily @ Have A Laugh On Me

I always say that I would love to be a wife of the 70s where we didn’t have to go out and work but then again would I be happy or would I spend more time worrying about my kids. I work from home about 25 to 30 hours a week and only have about 14 hours without any kids – throughout that entire week so I have to juggle. Often I wish I worked outside of the home, but then again writing from home does have so much advantages of it – eg writing in pjs!! Emxx

• Kim

Hats off to u emily, I find it hard working from home, too many interruptions, but I loooove the idea of working in my pjs. We’ve just had ‘talk like a pirate’ day. I think we should have national ‘work in yr pjs’ day. Hehe x

• Rita

Time just fly away when you’re home! It’s insane! My mum always said that she felt like she was on holiday when she use to go to work because when she was at home, she was always running around!

• Kim

Your mum has a great attitude Rita, I wldnt say it’s a holiday – its really full on for me in my job (which I love too) – but I can focus more that’s for sure.

• [email protected] on Tour

I too had a similar dream as my young man headed off to full time school this year. But alas they just don’t stay at school long enough. All too soon it is 245pm and I am walking back to school.

• Kim

I know! I feel the clock ticking from 8.20. I’m amazed at how much I an fit in though … And it Feels so good.

• Dani

Kind of off topic, but the title of your post has me humming a line from Anchorage by Michelle Shocked ‘I sound like a house wife. I think I’m a house wife!’ Classic song 🙂

• Kim

Love Michelle shocked Dani … The alchemy of love … I don’t know if I cld call myself a housewife as I’m a single parent but I just love having time to be a domestic goddess x

• Katie (@mumabytes)

I’m one, too! And I love it. From the second I became pregnant, I just couldn’t stand the idea of being in a corporate office and dealing with the same old crap & politics. I still feel that way. And, I really don’t like to be separated from my daughter. Thankfully, I’ve been able to stay home and care for her 100% of the time, and build a blog to keep the brain ticking over! Katie 🙂

• Kim

Sound absolutely perfect katie x